Friday, September 24, 2010

THE BLESSING OF FAITHFULNESS

This is the secret of blessing.  If you want to know the secret of getting God’s blessing on your life, just be faithful.  Be faithful in the little things.  What counts is not what you are up in front, when you’re on stage, in public.  What counts is your private life.  
It guarantees God’s blessing on my life.  “A faithful man will be richly blessed.”  That’s a promise of God.  Many times you think, “Nobody sees what I’m doing for the Lord.  Nobody cares.  I’m not getting strokes.  Nobody appreciates me.  Nobody knows what I’m doing.”  God does.  It doesn’t matter; you shouldn’t live for the strokes of other people.  You shouldn’t live for the applause and approval of other people because the Bible says, “The ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord and He pondereth all his goings.”  God sees everything that’s going on in your life and my life and He says faithfulness produces blessing. 
In contrast, Proverbs 25:19 “Like a bad tooth or a lame foot is reliance on the unfaithful in times of trouble.”  He’s saying that unfaithful people are a pain in the blessed assurance.  Inconsistency produces irritation.  You expect the repairman to show up at a certain time and he doesn’t show.  You’re ticked!  You expect the paperboy to give you the paper every night and it’s not and you’re upset.  You put in an order with the waitress and it comes and it’s the wrong order or there’s a delay.  I think one way God teaches us patience is if you’ve ever had to be in a car pool with anybody.  Waiting and delay.  Maybe they don’t show up.  
He’s saying that unfaithfulness causes problems.  In fact, I’d say if you look at many of the problems we have in life a lot of them have to do with this lack of dependability.  When people are undependable, it causes problems.  When people don’t show up in your group, does that cause problems?  When you don’t show up, does that cause problems?  
It guarantees God’s blessing on my life.  The opposite is true.  If I’m not faithful it produces problems in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment