Thursday, September 23, 2010

FAITHFULNESS IS A QUALIFICATION FOR MINISTRY


The Bible teaches very clearly that faithfulness is a qualification for ministry.  If I’m unfaithful, I have no business being in the ministry.  If I’m disloyal, uncommitted, if I do not keep my word, if I’m not trustworthy, if I can’t be counted on, then I’m not qualified for ministry.  1 Timothy 1:12 “I thank Christ Jesus our Lord that He considered me faithful, putting me in the ministry.”  Paul says, the reason God put me in the ministry is He considered me to be trustworthy, faithful.  Then he says to the Corinthians, “For this reason I’m sending you Timothy who is faithful in the Lord.  He will remind you of my way of life in Christ.”  Paul says, I’m in the ministry because God considered me faithful and I’m sending Timothy to you because I consider him faithful. 
2 Timothy 2:2 he says to Timothy “The things you [Timothy] have heard of me through many witnesses, the same commit to faithful men who shall be able to teach others also.”  
Paul says, God considered me faithful; He put me in the ministry.  I consider Timothy faithful; I put him in the ministry.  Now Timothy, you’re to find other faithful people and you’re to move them into the ministry.  Faithfulness is a characteristic or qualification for ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment