Sunday, September 26, 2010

Faithful people pass on what they learn

Faithful people pass on what they learn to faithful people.

The Bible says “Commit these things to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”  It’s a transferring process of multiplication.  Paul says, I gave it to you, Timothy.  You’re to give it to faithful men and the faithful men are to give it to others and on and on.  None of us would be here today if there hadn’t been faithful men and women in the last 2000 years of the church. We’re here today because some faithful men and women took time to write down the Scriptures. And others preserved the Scriptures, and others translated the Scriptures.  We’re here because of the testimony of faithful people. If God teaches you a spiritual truth and you’re learning a spiritual truth, it’s your duty to pass it on to others.  
What has God given me?  Everything.  Your family, your ministry, this church, resources, the fact that you’re in America, your career.  1 Corinthians 4:2 “Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.  I am to be faithful with whatever God has given me.”  If he’s given me a family, I’m to be faithful to that.  
If He’s given me a job, I’m to be faithful to that.  If He’s given me finances, I’m to be faithful with that.  If He’s given me a ministry, I’m to be faithful with that.  
The Bible says “Be instant in season and out of season. … Always be ready to give an answer for the hope that lies within you.”  Always be ready to serve, to give. 
How do I become faithful?  Galatians 5:22-23 “The fruit of the Spirit is faithfulness.”  It’s one of the nine fruits.  When the Holy Spirit lives in my life, I will demonstrate faithfulness.  How do you know when you’re filled with the Spirit?  What is the test?  Some kind of emotional experience?  Not necessarily.  You can have an emotional experience and not be filled with the Spirit.  What is the test?  The fruit is the test.  How do I demonstrate that I’m filled with the Spirit?  That I’m faithful.  When I’m faithful to the responsibilities that God has given me, it is indication that I’m filled with the Holy Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment